My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States

I am an outsourced American: I am black/African American and approaching 43 years of age. This is a chronicle of my story. The major networks talk about the "robust economy," few of them talk about the personal cost of the loss. I hope my story is not just an ethnic story. Like I said: I am an outsourced American, a casualty of NAFTA and CAFTA. We will all share in this boat soon.

Friday, October 02, 2009

A Comment I Made on a LinkedIn.com Discussion...

The recession will get better for companies first, since that seems to be the major focus of it (and the greed that channeled it in the first place). The jobs will lag - this is my "opinion" mind you - until 1st or 2nd quarter of 2010. Automation and the Internet have eliminated many jobs that used to happen over here. Technology that eliminates the human element in manufacturing has eliminated jobs in the automotive industry in the past. Globalization has shipped menial and technical jobs to countries where $8K/year places you squarely in "their" version of a middle class. We will have to decide what "education" is and what it is for. We will have to decide how our communities will look in the 21st Century for food consumption, commerce, politics and the meaning of "being human" itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home