My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States

I am an outsourced American: I am black/African American and approaching 43 years of age. This is a chronicle of my story. The major networks talk about the "robust economy," few of them talk about the personal cost of the loss. I hope my story is not just an ethnic story. Like I said: I am an outsourced American, a casualty of NAFTA and CAFTA. We will all share in this boat soon.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

FYI: Found this on Dice.com's Facebook page...

Web Searches Companies Pay for on Potential Employee Candidates

In this era of needing Life Lock to protect our identities, we need to be cognizant of our online identities as well.

I'm in the market for a job, but the wrong information "interpreted" from a blog post (like this one) and if you look at the CNN video embed, some of the information could just be flat WRONG and not weigh in your favor.

Here's an outfit that says they'll protect you for around $15/month: Reputation Defender, aptly named.

I for one have taken to innocuous quotes from Robert Frost and Albert Einstein on my Facebook and Twitter account pager. Even that, I'd "self-sensor" just in case.

"Forewarned is forearmed," from: Robert Greene's A Notable Discovery of Coosnage (a.k.a. The Art of Conny-catching), 1592:

"forewarned, forearmed: burnt children dread the fire."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home