My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States

I am an outsourced American: I am black/African American and approaching 43 years of age. This is a chronicle of my story. The major networks talk about the "robust economy," few of them talk about the personal cost of the loss. I hope my story is not just an ethnic story. Like I said: I am an outsourced American, a casualty of NAFTA and CAFTA. We will all share in this boat soon.

Friday, May 01, 2009

The Second 100 Days

If I'm reading this table correctly, the total number of registered voters is 201,073.

If I take $850,000,000,000.00 and divide it by 201,073 registered voters, I get $4,227,320.43.

I THINK we could each single-handedly stimulate the economy with that!

Now: Chrysler and GM will announce plans to file Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. I thought we were "bailing them out" to avoid that. Citigroup asked permission to give "bonuses": for what? I thought (in a rational universe) you got a bonus for performance! They also got a "bailout."

See: The Corporation. It's a documentary based on a book by the same name that now seems so appropriate that we are dealing with corporate pathological mentalities.

Don't get me wrong. I voted for Obama, and I'm likely to vote for him in 2012, defying Mayan calendars and the field of "new Republicans" that seem to repeat the same old ideas that got us into this mess. Therefore, I have a right to announce when I'm disappointed in the tenor of this "change."

A book I think we all need to read: "The Gods That Failed: How Blind Faith in Markets Has Cost Us Our Future"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home