My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States

I am an outsourced American: I am black/African American and approaching 43 years of age. This is a chronicle of my story. The major networks talk about the "robust economy," few of them talk about the personal cost of the loss. I hope my story is not just an ethnic story. Like I said: I am an outsourced American, a casualty of NAFTA and CAFTA. We will all share in this boat soon.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Related Article: "Homeshoring"

Coming Home
Business students find that moving outsourced jobs
to rural America is viable alternative for U.S. firms


"U.S. firms headquartered in metropolitan areas have operated unskilled and semi-skilled manufacturing facilities in rural America for decades to capitalize on lower labor costs. Recently, the practice has been receiving more attention because of a political backlash against companies moving American jobs overseas. Many companies are now taking a new look at 'homeshoring' and are joining a slow-growing trend toward outsourcing more advanced information technology capabilities, service jobs and business processes to providers in rural areas."

For more, please click on the link in the title. It will be enlightening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home