My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States

I am an outsourced American: I am black/African American and approaching 43 years of age. This is a chronicle of my story. The major networks talk about the "robust economy," few of them talk about the personal cost of the loss. I hope my story is not just an ethnic story. Like I said: I am an outsourced American, a casualty of NAFTA and CAFTA. We will all share in this boat soon.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Chapter 18 - Invictus' Anniversary

All honor to my noble brothers worldwide of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.

William Ernest Henley. 1849 - 1903

Invictus

OUT of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet, the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the SCROLL,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

*****

Son of Invictus
© 25 August 2005, Reginald L. Goodwin, A.K.A. The Griot Poet

I am Invictus!

"My head is bloody, [yet] unbowed."
Two years removed from the game by

Downsizing,
Rightsizing,
Outsourcing

Have only revealed that I AM the source
Of my reality;

I AM the cause of my destruction or salvation.

I don't have to look beyond my own faith to know "every need is met"

Because
I AM!

Controlling what something means:

"They don't want me." Who needs them?
"They don't want to pay me." They can't afford me!
"I am out of work." I am OFF the Silicon plantation and done with sharecropping my gifts.
"I am unemployed." I am free to explore and use my talents in a way that please me and the God that I believe in.

I am free to grieve on this anniversary of my father's death (six years ago) and my demise from Corporate America (two years ago) on this date. Or, I can control what this means... and move on with my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home