My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States

I am an outsourced American: I am black/African American and approaching 43 years of age. This is a chronicle of my story. The major networks talk about the "robust economy," few of them talk about the personal cost of the loss. I hope my story is not just an ethnic story. Like I said: I am an outsourced American, a casualty of NAFTA and CAFTA. We will all share in this boat soon.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Chapter 15 - Once More... Into the Breach

[HR rep],

I received your e-mail yesterday. I will be patient.

Could I possibly receive addresses for ------ and ---? I'd like to send them thank you letters.

Regards,

Reggie Goodwin

*****

Hi Reggie…Thanks for your patience. I’m afraid we are at a standstill at the moment, there is some internal reshuffling going on in this department at the moment, so we cannot make any decisions about hiring. I hope to know something for you in a few days or maybe by this time next week. If you do not hear from me sooner, feel free to check back with me this time next week.

Thanks again for your time and patience, I understand it’s frustrating not to have an answer.

*****

[HR rep],

Whatever your internal reshuffling, I'd still like to thank them personally. If you have a policy against it, I'll understand. I thought it the professional response to the phone screens.

Reggie

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
"Or close the wall up with our English dead.
"In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
"As modest stillness and humility:
"But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
"Then imitate the action of the tiger;
"Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
"Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;..."

William Shakespeare, Henry V, Act III, Scene I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home