My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States

I am an outsourced American: I am black/African American and approaching 43 years of age. This is a chronicle of my story. The major networks talk about the "robust economy," few of them talk about the personal cost of the loss. I hope my story is not just an ethnic story. Like I said: I am an outsourced American, a casualty of NAFTA and CAFTA. We will all share in this boat soon.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The University of Texas at Austin Provides Resources For Unemployed Alumni and Employers Seeking to Hire

AUSTIN, Texas — AccessUT, a restricted Web site at The University of Texas at Austin, is becoming a powerful tool in helping unemployed alumni find their next job during a sagging national economy.

The AccessUT Web site, is an online job and internship database within the university's Hire Texas Web site that allows students and alumni to view postings from employers searching for their next hire, said Matthew Berndt, director of career services in the university's College of Communication. He said Hire Texas, also provides employers a free, centralized place to post professional, career-related job and internship opportunities for students and alumni.

Berndt said AccessUT requires job seekers to use an assigned Electronic Identification (EID) to access the system. Those who do not know their EID may contact the Registrar's Office at the university (512-475-7656) to claim a UT EID and temporary password.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home